Notification and Charges
HOW TO PAY YOUR WATER SEWAGE CHARGES
There are 3 methods of payment.
1 Automatic Account Transfer
You can pay your water and sewage charges automatically through your bank or postal account.
We discount as stated below if you pay by account at the first transfer.
- ¥55 （tax included,¥5）, per month
¥110 （tax included,¥10）, every 2 months
We recommend you to apply for the automatic account transfer for your convenience.
Application for Bank. Postal. Account Transfer
Please apply for it at the bank or post office where you have your own account with your passbook, personal seal and the water bill which shows your customer account number.
You can also apply for it at the waterworks service offices.
2 Payment by the Bill
Please make your payment with the bill by the due date at following places;
- Banks(almost all the banks in Tokyo)
- Post offices
- Convenient stores(excluding just a few)
- Waterworks service stations
* Just in case your payment is overdue,contact Bureau of Waterworks Customer Service Center or Bureau of Waterworks Tama Customer Service Center.
* If your water charges remain unpaid, the water service may be suspended.
3 Credit card payment
In order to pay your water & sewage bills with your credit card, you need to register yourself in advance. This service is for customers who pay with a card regularly. First a credit card issuer pays your bill to Bureau of Waterworks for you. Then the issuer asks you to pay the money to them.
*This is not the service under which you can pay by showing your credit card at a window of a Waterworks Bureau's service station, a financial institution or a convenience store.
We take these credit cards.
Cards on which the following marks are printed
- "Account discount"(50 yen a month without tax)is not applied.
- A receipt is not issued from the Waterworks Bureau. Please check on a statement issued from the credit card issuer.
- Payment in installments is not accepted. It must be paid in full at a time.
- If your credit card should not be accepted by the credit card issuer for some reasons, we will send you the bill, even after you finished your registration.
- Your water-meter is usually read bimonthly, but you could receive a bill two months consecutively or sometimes after an interval of more than two months, owing to a discrepancy between the meter-reading date and the card issuer's cutoff date or some other reasons.
How to apply for the credit card payment
- You need to turn in an application form in advance.
- Please call Customer Service Center and we will send you the necessary form.
- Please read carefully "the Contract for the credit card payment of the city water & sewage charge", which is written on the form. Fill out the form and put your seal (or signature) on it, and then send to us.
- Some credit card issuers provide their own application forms or they have their home pages from where you can apply.
* We will notify you by mail when the procedure is finished.
* It might take about a month to finish the procedure.
* The charge which has already been claimed to you can not be paid with a credit card, so please pay it in the way you have been doing until now. Customers who have changed the way of payment from the automatic account transfer might be asked to pay with a bill.
Continuation of credit card payment
As long as you move within the 23 ward area and the Tama area, you can use the same credit card registered to pay the water bill.
When you start to use it again after moving, please notify us with your former customer number.
4 Payment via smartphone
It is possible to pay via electric money by scanning the barcode on the invoice with a smartphone.
It’s possible to easily make a cashless payment anywhere, including of course at home.
If done before the due date, it’s possible to make a payment at any time.
* Charges related to application downloads or data usage are the customer’s responsibility.
* No receipt is provided. If a receipt is required, please pay at a convenience store or financial institution.
* After payment, the invoice in hand will remain unchanged with no proof of payment, so please take care not to pay the same bill twice.
Payment through LINE Pay
- LINE Pay is a service of the LINE Pay Corporation.
- To use the LINE Pay service, the LINE application must be downloaded, and the Line Pay service must be registered and charged with funds.
- To pay via LINE Pay, proceed through the LINE application or the LINE Pay application.
- The upper limit to pay via LINE Pay is 49,999 yen at one time. To make a payment of 50,000 yen or more, LINE Pay cannot be used.
- To confirm your payment history, check your LINE Wallet transactions, or check the LINE application or LINE Pay application payment history section.
- For more information, refer to the LINE Pay homepage.
Payment slip settlement through PayB
- PayB is a service of Billing System Corporation.
- To handle payment slip settlement through PayB, download the application and register your bank account.
- The upper limit to pay via PayB is 300,000 yen at one time. To make a payment of more than 300,000 yen, PayB cannot be used.
- To confirm payment, check the mail received after payment completion or the transaction history section of the PayB application.
- For more information, refer to the PayB homepage.
Payment through PayPay
- PayPay is a service of the PayPay Corporation.
- To use the PayPay service, the PayPay application must be downloaded, and the PayPay service must be registered and charged with funds.
- The upper limit to pay via PayPay is 500,000 yen within 24 hours, or 2,000,000 yen within 30 days.
- To confirm payment history, check the bill payment section in the PayPay application.
- For more information, refer to the PayPay homepage.
Rakuten Bank Convenience Store Payment Service
- Rakuten Bank Convenience Store Payment Service is a service of the Rakuten Corporation.
- To use Rakuten Bank Convenience Store Payment Service, it is necessary to open a Rakuten Bank account, download the Rakuten Bank application, and perform the initial setup.
- The upper limit to pay is 300,000 yen each time. To pay an amount above 300,000 yen, this service cannot be used.
- To confirm payment history, check the deposit and withdrawal details in the Rakuten Bank application.
- For more information, refer to the Rakuten Bank homepage.
au PAY (Bill Payment)
- au PAY is a service of KDDI Corporation.
- To use au PAY（Bill Payment）, an au ID must be created, the au Pay application must be downloaded, and registration and funds charge are necessary.
- The upper limit to pay is 250,000 yen each time. To pay an amount above 250,000 yen, this service cannot be used.
- To confirm payment history, check the history section in the au Pay application.
- For more information, refer to the au PAY homepage.