This Website aims to comply with Level AA of the Japanese Industrial Standards JIS X 8341-3:2010 "Guidelines for older persons and persons with disabilities – Information and communication equipment, software and services – Part 3: Web content" (hereinafter referred to as "JIS X 8341-3").
- Pages subject to the policy
The pages for overseas entities on this Website of the Bureau of Waterworks, Tokyo Metropolitan Government (hereinafter referred to as the “TMG”) (http://www.waterworks.metro.tokyo.jp/).
The policy goal does not apply to the following due to the difficulty of modification.
(1) Contents that have no modifiable data or cannot be modified
(2) Parts of images and videos that were made in the past
(3) Services and their accompanying contents provided by external sources
(4) Data in PDFPolicies dealing with the attached files (e.g. PDFs) will be considered after the official publication of the translation of the W3C Working Group Note “PDF Techniques for WCAG 2.0” by the Implementation Working Group under the Web Accessibility Infrastructure Committee of the Info-communication Access Council.
- Target date and level for achievement of the policy goals
Target date for achievement: March 31, 2015
Level for achievement: Level AA compliance
- Achievement levels to be added
The following standards for achievement of the Level AAA will be included in the targets and addressed to the extent possible.
18.104.22.168: Achievement standard (AAA) that has no exception in terms of keyboard operations
22.214.171.124: Achievement standard (AAA) related to no time limit
126.96.36.199: Achievement standard (AAA) related to a three-time flashing light
I. English version of this Website
We have prepared the English version of pages in order to provide the TMG’s information to customers.
We collect information from users of this Website to the extent necessary for smooth operations of its services (e.g. information provision and enquiry reception on this Website). We will work on making a worry-free website as well as deal with information collection, use and management in accordance with the “Tokyo Metropolitan Ordinance on Personal Information Protection (Ordinance No. 113, December 21, 1990)” (hereinafter referred to as the “Ordinance”) as follows.
Personal information refers to the information by which you can be identified, including your address, name, telephone number and e-mail address, etc. that you provided to the TMG on this Website).
Scope of this policy
This policy is only applicable to this Website, not to other websites linked from this Website. At the linked websites, each relevant organization takes responsibility for the handling of the information.
Collection of personal information
The collection of personal information by the TMG on this Website is, in principle, to be based on each user’s provision (registration) of their information on their own will.
When collecting private information, we will clearly state its purpose.
Collection of personal information is to be carried out to the extent necessary for achieving specified purposes.
Regulations on personal information
We will use the personal information that you provide to (or register with) us within the scope of the purposes of information collection clearly stated in advance. We will never use personal information within the given implementing bodies* and provide said information outside the bodies beyond the purposes of private information collection except as specified in the Ordinance.
We may disclose information such as statistically processed user attributes only if it does not contain any personal information.
* “Implementing bodies” refer to those which handle personal information: the governor, administrative committees and public enterprise managers of the TMG, the Fire Chief of Tokyo Fire Department, and heads of administrative bodies specified in the TMG regulations.
Management of personal information
The webmaster will place strict controls on the collected personal information and take appropriate measures to prevent leakage, misappropriation and falsification of said information.
In addition, the TMG may outsource the operations of this Website to third parties that will also take appropriate measures in the same manner.
User information that does not contain personally identifiable information
We automatically collect information such as your Internet domain name, IP address, browser settings (hereinafter referred to as the “user information”).
We will collect and use user information only to the extent that such information is used for the improvement of the usability of this Website. We may, however, disclose information such as statistically processed information on this Website access and browser settings.
Rights and Links
The materials on this Website (individual texts, photographs, illustrations, etc.) are subject to copyright. The entire Website is also subject to copyright as a compilation and protected by the Copyright Act.
The said materials may not be reproduced or transferred unless otherwise allowed under the Copyright Act (e.g. private photocopying and reference). Please contact us in advance if you would like to use them.
In addition, if you cite this Website, please refer to this Website as “Bureau of Waterworks, Tokyo Metropolitan Government” as the source.
Adobe Acrobat is a trademark of Adobe Systems Incorporated.
All other company names and products on this Website are, in general, their trademarks or registered marks.
You may, in principle, freely link to this Website either for profit or not-for-profit purposes. Please, however, refrain from making any link that falls under, or is likely to fall under, any of the following cases:
- Where the linked website contains content that is intended to defame or disrepute TMG or other parties.
- Where there is any act that infringes or potentially infringes on the intellectual property rights (e.g. copyrights and trademarks), proprietary rights, privacy rights, publicity rights or other rights of TMG or other parties.
- Where there is potential confusion for third parties because this Website is shown in a frame of the linked website, thereby making it less clear that the shown page is the content of this Website.
- Where there is any act that is in violation of laws, ordinances or regulations, or offensive to public order or morals, or there is a likelihood that the operations of this Website will be interfered with.
- Where the linked website make a link to this Website using, without notice, the logos or marks possessed by the TMG.
- Where the linked website make a link to this Website in a manner that induce a false belief as to the source of information.
In addition, please note that the URL of this Website may change without prior notice. Please also note that TMG will not take responsibility for any compensation claims, complaints, etc. related to the link.
I. Recommended browser settings
The following browsers are recommended for safer and more comfortable use of this Website.
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 9.0 or higher
- Latest version of Google Chrome
- Latest version of Mozilla Firefox
- Safari 5.0 or higher
II. Technologies used on this Website
Adobe Reader (Acrobat Reader 7.0 or higher) is required to view or print a PDF file. RealPlayer, RealOne Player, or Microsoft Windows Media Player is required to view and listen to video clips. The latest version of them are required on some pages.
A cookie is information that is sent to the user’s browser from the server for the operations of this Website and is stored in the user’s computer. The stored information, however, does not contain any personally identifiable information (e.g. user name, address and telephone number).
Also, cookies do not cause any direct harm to users’ computers.
Users can reject cookies by changing the settings of their browsers by themselves. Even in this case, cookies do not cause any great trouble for viewing this Website, either.
For information on how to change the setting of the browser, please consult the help function or manufacturer.
This Website uses SSL encryption in certain services to enhance its security level.
Your browser needs to have 128-bit SSL encryption to use the relevant services.
Using properly secured browsers allows users to send and receive automatically encrypted personal information (names, addresses, telephone numbers, etc.) inputted by users.
Should a third party intercept the transmitted data, there is no concern about theft of them.
There may be cases where you cannot use such pages due to the setting (e.g. firewall).
Adobe Reader by Adobe Systems Incorporated is required to view PDF files. If you do not have Adobe Reader or cannot view the content of this Website properly, please download the latest version.
Please confirm the site of Twitter.
Please confirm the site of Facebook.
III. Security of the information system
Bureau of Waterworks, Tokyo Metropolitan Government will continue our project based on users' trust and protect information assets from threats for the purpose of fulfilling our social mission as an administrative body.
- In order to keep safety and accuracy of information assets, we will take appropriate safety measures while making efforts to prevent unauthorized access, and information destruction, falsification, loss and leakage.
- As for the handling of information assets, we will comply with the TMG Basic Information Security Policy, laws and other regulations.
- In cases where the processing of information assets is outsourced to third parties, it will be operated under the proper management by the TMG.
- We aim to maintain and improve information security by establishing a system for continuous improvement.
Bureau of Waterworks, Tokyo Metropolitan Government provides no warranties regarding the integrity and accuracy of the information on this Website. We may change the information on this Website without prior notice.
We accept no responsibility for any loss that is directly or indirectly caused by using the information or contents on this Website.
We will not be responsible for any damage and loss that users may suffer due to their access to the Website.
II. Prohibited matters
Bureau of Waterworks, Tokyo Metropolitan Government prohibits the following activities associated with the use of this Website.
- Activities that obstruct and hinder the operations of this Website.
- Activities that cause or are likely to cause troubles, disadvantages or harm to privacy of other users, third parties or Bureau of Waterworks, Tokyo Metropolitan Government.
- Activities that are offensive or potentially offensive to public order and morals.
- Activities that breach laws, regulations or ordinances.
- Other activities that the TMG deems as inappropriate.
III. Applicable law and the court with jurisdiction
The use of this Website, and interpretation and application of the use policy as set out here, shall, unless otherwise specified, be governed by the laws of Japan. All the disputes concerning the use of this Website are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Tokyo District Court.